Window Accessories & Add-On Feature Options
Choosing the right replacement windows for your home is an exciting process. There are numerous ways to customize your investment and make it just right for your needs. Take a look at some of the window options and accessories we offer.
Then, to request a free quote, please contact Zen Windows at (615) 424-8102.
If you have old, outdated windows made of wood or aluminum, you could benefit tremendously by upgrading to vinyl or fiberglass windows. These are the two materials available from Zen Windows. Vinyl is the most popular choice because it’s affordable, efficient, and low-maintenance. Fiberglass is a little pricier, but it also offers efficient performance, durability, and low maintenance.
Please note that fiberglass replacement windows are not available at all our locations. Contact your local Zen Windows branch to learn more.
Glass is the primary material of any window, regardless of what the frame is made of. Since glass is inherently a poor insulator, manufacturers use advanced features to make windows more efficient. Here’s how.
- Double-pane windows feature two panes of glass with an air pocket between them. This improves efficiency tremendously compared to single-pane windows.
- Triple-pane windows are three panes thick, giving them two pockets of air to slow heat transfer. This glass option is especially beneficial during bitter cold winters in northern climates.
- Argon or krypton gas in-fill is denser than ordinary air, so heat transfer occurs more slowly.
- Low-E glass coatings reflect heat rather than allowing it to pass through the glass. Depending on where the coating is applied, it either reflects solar rays back outside, or it keeps interior heat from getting out. As a result, low-E coatings are appropriate for both northern and southern climates.
- Warm-edge spacers are metal-free to help reduce heat transfer around the perimeter of the window.
- Double-strength glass is 3.2 mm thick compared to the standard 2.5 mm thick. The cost difference isn’t significant, but the thicker glass has a higher-end appearance and improved durability against things like hailstones and stray baseballs.
Other Customization Options
In addition to choosing a material and glass package, you can further accessorize your replacement windows with these options:
- Grille patterns: Customize the look of your window with internal grids, visible from both inside and outside the home. Installed between the window panes, they provide the look of a true divided-lite window without the hassle of cleaning around the grilles or sacrificing energy efficiency. Choose from flat or contoured designs in several distinctive patterns and colors.
- Decorative glass options: Stunning leaded or etched glass designs create a beautifully elegant look in just the right places, such as beside or above the front entry door. Many glass patterns provide privacy, making them suitable for installation in the bathroom or walk-in closet.
- Color options: White is the most common color for window frames, but it’s certainly not your only choice! Select from many other exterior shades, including forest green, bronze, black, gray, and more. Interior color options include soft-white, beige, and woodgrain finishes to add aesthetic appeal to any room.
- Screen options: Window screens let you enjoy fresh air without inviting insects to enter. The optional BetterVue™ screen improves airflow and provides a less obstructed view of the exterior while also increasing insect protection. We recommend this option if you open your windows frequently.
For tips on choosing the right window options and accessories, or for a free, no-hassle quote, please call Zen Windows at (615) 424-8102.